Good for you
We’ve heard the rumors but we have the answers. Not all oils are unhealthy. This is why, depending on the effect they have in the levels of cholesterol and total cardiovascular health, they are categorized differently as: “good-beneficial oils” and “bad – non-beneficial oils”. The difference lays on their type and not consumption quantity.
Let’s talk about good oils
- They are the ones that contain unsaturated fatty acids and can be found mainly in products of vegetable origin.
- They help maintain healthy levels of cholesterol in the blood, maintaining or even increasing HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), that clears the arteries of harmful lipids.
- They play an important role in our lives, since they are a condensed form of energy but also a structural ingredient of the body’s cells membranes.
- They provide numerous compounds such as:
- Vital Fatty Acids
- Fat Soluble Vitamins (such as Vitamin A, D, E and K)
- Highly beneficial Antioxidants and other Bioactive compounds with cancer fighting and immunoregulatory properties.
Let’s talk about bad oils
They are the oils that contain saturated fatty acids and are found mainly in products of animal origin.
Faithful to our philosophy and mission we have chosen ingredients with an extremely healthy profile for all our Real&Honest products. This is why, they are rich in unsaturated fatty acids making them a good source of phytosterols, fat soluble Vitamins, antioxidants and other bioactive compounds.