Good for youCarbohydrates
What are carbohydrates and natural fibers?
Carbohydrates are the main source of energy for our body. Our brains and kidneys depend almost exclusively on them. Of course, as with lipids, not all carbohydrates are the same. There are “good-beneficial” carbohydrates and “bad – non-beneficial” carbohydrates.
Natural Fibers are good carbohydrates. Because:
- It is thought they offer half the amount of calories, compared to other carbohydrates
- They offer multiple health benefits, since they are non-digestible and non-absorbable.
Beneficial Process of Natural Fibers
- They offer better control over blood sugar levels and help the prevention of type II diabetes.
- They control the cholesterol in the blood and remove the excess by the binding of bile acids.
- They have a positive effect on the bowel’s microbial flora and possibly on the reduction of the liver’s cholesterol production.
- They prevent food overconsumption offering a faster and longer lasting sense of satiety.
- They prevent and reduce constipation and help the intestines work properly.
- The natural fibers found in Chicory Roots are believed to improve the absorption of various minerals (iron, calcium, phosphorus, zinc and copper).
- They reduce the risk of coronary artery disease, type II diabetes, and colorectal cancer and maintain body weight more easily, according to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
We have oriented the design of all Real&Honest products towards not containing sugar. On the contrary, wherever necessary, we have added natural Chicory Root fibers and beneficial carbohydrates from dried fruits and honey.